Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Assignment #162

Picasa on the Web

Even though I’m a big Flickr fan, I’m a bigger Google fan, so I thought I should take a good look at Google-owned Picasa on the Web. Now, I already use Picasa at home to organize my photos so I figured Google would make it easy to upload my albums and I was right. One click and a whole album was started on its way. Once the pictures got on the web it got a bit more awkward but still fine. Everything I could do on Flickr I could do on Picasa including the mapping. However, the first thing you have to do is get Picasa on your computer. Get it here. Then let it organize your pics and away you go. No more sending photos to family and friends. You’ll just send them the URL to your Picasa account for 100’s of pics. It couldn’t be easier and you’ll wonder how you ever got along without it. Here’s ours: http://picasaweb.google.com/rameyerguam

Oh! Oh! And speaking of pictures, try this image search engine. It’s pretty cool.

Play!!

No comments: